SCOTT W BENNETT9134 Gardenia Ave.
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
|View as Word Document|
OBJECTIVETo further my career in the administration of web application development teams.
- Novice programming skills with JSP, JRun, ASP, VB.net, Java.
- Expert in Database Design, Development, and Administration. Experienced with SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, & Access.
- Expert in web server administration using IIS, ColdFusion Server on Windows platforms.
- Experienced with Windows (95, 98, 2000, NT, XP), MS Office (MSWord, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), Visio, Front Page, PhotoShop, Visual Source Safe, and MS Project.
- Experience installing and configuring hardware load balancers, and developing scaleable applications that require a clustered environment.
- Experienced in the management and training of novice, intermediate and senior developers.
- Experienced in development of training materials and leading training classes.
- Experienced applying skills in the full life cycle development of complex web based applications including gathering requirements, writing functional & technical specifications, developing the functionality, incorporating graphical elements, QA testing, documenting, launching, and maintaining the application.
- Excellent trouble-shooting, critical thinking, communication, and organization skills.
WORK EXPERIENCE3/2007 to Present - See's Candy Shops, Inc - Web Development Manager
- Manage See's eCommerce (www.sees.com) and intranet systems throughout their lifecycle including planning, design, development, quality assurance, load testing, roll-out, and post live technical analysis.
- Ensure See's eCommerce platform is designed for high availability, performance and security including load testing, performance tuning, and security scanning.
- Manage web development team, technical vendors and project schedules including assignment of individual responsibilities, regular status meetings, and coaching to attain project goals.
- Participate in coding, testing and implementation development projects.
- Utilized organizational and communication skills to start a small business devoted the development of web-based applications, e-commerce systems, dynamic database driven web sites, intranets and extranets.
- Developed complex intranet/extranet applications, which are designed to automate business processes and increase employee efficiency. Functionalities include: customer / order management systems, roles based security systems, human resources systems, interactive data reporting modules (sales reports, commissions reports, employee activity reports, etc), employee time clock systems, sales lead systems for outbound call centers, email marketing systems.
- Developed corporate web sites that are tailored to reach the target market, deliver informational content, and reinforce brand identity.
- Developed e-commerce sites that are designed to attract customers and offer marketable services.
- Developed an intranet application that is used to manage all aspects of the companies business, including: receiving, inventory management, product testing, merchandising, liquidation channel selection, online auction management, customer service, client reporting, accounting, employee time-clock, payroll, and more. This software is also licensed by Best Buy to manage their warehouses that contain inventory that is marked for online auction sales via eBay or their employee auction site.
- Developed bestbuy.dtdeals.com which is a site where Best Buy employees and contractors can purchase surplus, open box, and end of life inventory from Best Buy in an online auction format.
- Developed www.eztradein.com - this site uses current sales data licensed from eBay.com to fuel branded trade-in value calculators for various consumer electronics items. Several companies use this application to power their own branded Trade-Up programs including: Gateway, Circuit City, Best Buy, Sony, Casio, Buy.com, eBay.com, HD Radio, and Toshiba. All trade-in items are shipped to Dealtree warehouses and are processed through the intranet application I developed.
- Developed ColdFusion custom tag sets to handle the execution of API calls for eBay.com, overstock.com, ubid.com, and PayPal.
- Used organizational and leadership skills to complete projects, and ensure maximum productivity from the developers under my supervision and mentorship.
- Configured and managed office LAN, Domain Controller, Routers, Switches, Printers, Print Servers, and File Servers.
- Configured and managed co-located web servers, hardware load balancers, Database servers, and email servers.
- Developed an intranet application that is used to mange almost every aspect of business for an infomercial sales/customer service call center.
- Managed development contractors' project schedules including assignment of individual responsibilities, regular status meetings, and coaching to attain project goals.
- The application was developed using ColdFusion MX, SQL Server 2000, IIS, on a windows 2000 server platform.
- Functionalities include the ability manage customers and their orders, customer demographics system, various data reporting modules, data exchange systems to communicate with warehouses and payment processors, modules for managing the product codes and prices based on the marketing source, a media schedule system, and a roles based security system.
- Developed training manuals and lead sales and customer service mangers training sessions, after which the managers were able to pass the training on to the individual reps.
- Used organizational and communication skills to gain feed back from end users throughout the company and manage the priority and completion of the enhancement requests.
- Developed and maintained several web-based applications utilizing ColdFusion 4.5, Spectra, & Oracle 8i running on NT platform.
- www.clubhotel.com, www.parexcellence.com, www.citiesofthesun.com - These e-commerce applications were developed to provide useful travelers tools and real time hotel reservation for club members. The three sites are actually only one application that I developed with a tiered architecture so that the presentation layers could be changed based on the domain name while sharing the same code that powers the functionalities that are identical between the sites. Functionalities of these sites include: a currency converter which uses API driven, real-time conversion rates, real-time hotel reservations, complex content management system to manage the multiple instances and presentation layers, complex customer management and reporting system, and special offer and promotion system that controls offers displayed based on the customers demographics.
- Started as an entry-level developer for this consulting company and was promoted to junior level developer within 3 months.
- Used organizational and leadership skills to complete projects assigned to me by a senior developer, and delegate portions of the work to the 2 entry-level developers under my supervision and mentorship.
- Had a primary role in the development of intranet applications used to automate business processes for Peregrine Systems (www.Peregrine.com). These applications utilized ColdFusion 4.5, Spectra, SQL Server 7, and IIS on Windows NT servers.
- In charge of version control and document security for all documents and templates for the Peregrine project. Employed skills with Visual Source Safe (VSS) to perform theses duties. Instructed other developers on the proper procedures for checking out files and checking in updates via VSS.
- Home Schooled in High School and earned a General Education Diploma
- Attended 4 semesters at Golden West College with a focus on business administration.
- Co-Manager of the Orange County ColdFusion Users Group http://www.occfug.org
- Experts Exchange "Guru" in ColdFusion topic areas http://www.experts-exchange.com/M_540989.html
- Regular ColdFusion blogger http://www.coldfusionguy.com/coldfusion/blog
- Published on learnCF.com http://learncf.com/author/9
- Macromedia Certified Advanced ColdFusion 5 Developer
- Certified eBay Solutions Provider
- Brainbench Certified Master of HTML http://www.BrainBench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=3270480